Friday, January 23, 2009

Room to Grow

Last week I was compelled to go for a walk. I had just watched the movie August Rush and came away inspired by Evan's child-like faith and simple determination.

I had a desire for more faith in my life. Like Evan, I wanted the pieces of my life to fit together.
More faith gives me more perspective which enables me to look beyond difficulties towards the beneficial outcomes of a persevering life.

So I went to the nearby lakefront right away...at 10:30 at night :-) I walked for two hours until well after midnight. I found myself at a round of landscaped bushes. The closed-in section was large and it contained maybe two dozen bushes. It looked odd because there was so much space between the bushes. The area was so large and the bushes so small, it was striking.

As I thought and prayed about it, I took a strong lesson away. I wondered why the gardener had not placed more bushes in the round, filling it up with more beauty. Then I realized that the bushes that were planted had plenty of room to grow.

I walked away realizing that I too have plenty of room to grow.

3 comments:

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

This is a great perspective to look at life, Brian!

Thirsty Fool said...

Hey Brian, Thanks for sharing your journey and by doing so encouraging me in mine.

Brian Daniel Stankich said...

BC and Thirsty Fool,

Thanks for reading. I'm glad you are encouraged.

Take care,
Brian