Friday, December 26, 2008

Daddy Died

My Dad died earlier this month. It is a new chapter in my story, no doubt. It feels odd not to have a father anymore. I can't call him. I can't write to him or visit him. He is no more.

It also is a powerful demonstration that I too am aging. I'm now part of the oldest generation of my family. I too will die.

It is not depressing. It is sad. Death cuts life short. But in the end, life triumphs over death because of Jesus Christ and his resurrection power over death. Only God transforms something bad (death) to something good (life). Praise him.

Only time will tell how my story will develop without Dad around anymore.

2 comments:

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Sorry for your loss, and I know exactly how you feel..I lost my dad many years ago, and I still think of him!

Brian Daniel Stankich said...

BC, I really appreciate that. Losing a father is such a unique experience - it leaves me a bit speechless.

Brian