Monday, January 31, 2011

A New Season of Growth


I can feel it.

Since I have the pleasure of living in Florida, I see that our spring has begun. Thousands of azalea buds line my entry way at home while at the office, the Golden Trumpet tree is already bursting and blooming.


My own heart is a big bud right now. Waiting to blossom. Needing a little more water, a little more sunshine, a bit more of encouragement.

I can feel it.

Sometimes I sense these growth spurts and can predict them, but I've predicted wrong in the past. Or maybe the soil of my heart did not sufficiently grab the required elements. My bad.

It's been such a long time since I had a big growth spurt. Baby spurts, yes. Little healings, of course. I know I need to cut back the dead branches, dig out some more weeds, and make place for the new growth that is reaching out for me.

I can feel it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent I am really enjoying reading this because it is like food for thought and music to my soul. You are a an inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

Regards, Arlene Rose